Life is going, people are changing their jobs, making families, moving to other places. Let’s talk this time about those who are moving from Philadelphia to New York. The distance between these two cities is only 96 miles, but why do people choose to move from Philadelphia to New York? Let’s figure it out.
Why Do People Move From Philadelphia to New York?
Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania and the sixth most populous city in the US. It is a beautiful place with a rich and unique history. New York is a well-known city, but Philadelphia is no less famous for the Liberty Bell, Rocky, cheesesteaks, and the Mummers.
People move in and out, and everyone has their own reason for that. Philadelphia’s population has been growing for more than a decade, fueled by immigrants from other countries and by births outnumbering deaths. Population of NYC is constantly changing as well.
When people leave Philadelphia why do they do that? Reasons for leaving vary based on people’s age, educational attainment, income, ties to the area. According to the surveys conducted, here are some reasons for moving out of Philadelphia:
- Job opportunities – 26%
- Crime and safety – 14%
- Cost of living – 11%
- Better educational opportunities – 11%
- Personal reasons – 7%
- Climate – 3%
5 reasons to move to New York:
- Opportunities. There is more competition in NYC, but it is also a city of huge opportunities. It is almost impossible to fail at finding a job of your dreams in New York! So jobs and careers are one of the reasons why people want to live in New York. Work hard and you will manage to achieve anything in this city of chances.
- Diversity. America’s melting pot, this is how people often refer to NYC. And this is for sure one of the greatest features of this city. You can hear more than 70 dozen different languages spoken, a variety of different accents. You can eat food, see art, listen to music and watch performances of different cultures from all the parts of the world, and it’s all in the same city. Every person in New York has their own story, no matter if born or migrated to NYC. And you also can start your personal story in this city.
- Landmarks. When you live in NYC you can see the famous spots at any convenient time. The Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and all the other spots any tourist is dreaming to see, all the magnificent architectural values and unique New York attractions will be within your arm’s reach!
- Transportation. The transportation system of NYC is justly considered as one of the best in the world. From the recognizable yellow taxi to the metro bus for public transportation and ferries for waterways, you can always find the better way to get to where you want to get. The subway trains and metropolitan buses help people do their daily activities with almost zero hassle.
- Convenience. It is almost impossible not to find something that you need within a 5-block radius of your apartment. Premium steaks at midnight, fresh flowers, gyms within 24 hours, or even manicures before the sun is even up. No doubt, New York is a city of convenience. You will absolutely love it.
Philadelphia to New York Movers
Here is our list of some recommended interstate movers in Philadelphia for household and commercial relocations:
- Stellar Movers. Many positive reviews confirm that this company is a trusted household moving business. Their team of movers is dedicated to making your moving day exciting and as stress-free as possible. You can always rely on these professional movers in Philadelphia, who are trained, skilled, honest, really experienced in moving, and no less important, insured. Whether you are moving anywhere within PA, or to any of 48 lower states, be sure you can rely on the professional movers of this company.
- The Brothers Moving Company. The company is a licensed and professional moving services provider in Philadelphia. They cater to homeowners, businesses, and individuals on relocation, and these movers are for sure the right specialists to hire if you want to have a stress-free and smooth relocation. And they will do everything to make your move go smoothly.
- Suburban Solutions Moving & Transport. This company is fully insured and licensed for both local and long distance moving. It has full relocation services to offer like junk removal, packing, storage, moving and even cleaning services. The movers will handle all stages of your house or commercial relocation. The purpose of the movers is to take all the worry out of your moving process to make you feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
- Broad Street Movers. This is a local full-service moving and storage company in Philadelphia. The company has been independently owned and operated since 2008. During that time the movers have completed more than 18,000 moves for their customers in Philadelphia and the greater Mid-Atlantic region. The company offers local and long-distance moving for your home relocations as well as packing, storage and moving services for your commercial facilities. Labor only moving is also available.
- Gentle Giant Moving Company. The company offers a full range of packing services as well as moving services for household and commercial moving. Choosing a moving company sometimes can be confusing, but these moving helpers ensure that whether moving locally or cross country you will know exactly what to expect from this team of professionals.
No matter if your final decision is to stay in Philadelphia or to move out, we are wishing you good luck wherever you might live. If you decide to hire a professional moving helper we propose you to start your research by checking moving companies reviews. Don’t be shy about asking for at least 3 free moving Quotes and don’t forget about moving cost calculator to know your approximate cost of moving beforehand. Examine all services provided by the mover you have chosen. And try to save your money and time by redirecting moving jobs you have to people who are doing it well every day. Keep on reading our articles and useful moving guides and stay safe and happy. Also check our YouTube channel “Moving Tips” for the latest news here.