MOVING TO VIRGINIA – PLANNING YOUR MOVE
Are you going to move to Virginia soon? We are committed to helping you organize your best state to state move! When you are preparing for moving to Virginia, there are some special things you should know that generally involve more difficulties than a local move.
For those moving to Virginia; it is essential to find a reliable mover. When you hire a professional moving company, their estimators will survey your home. They will define the approximate size and weight of your belongings that need to be loaded and moved. Additionally, do not forget to discuss packing, insurance and other specific services you might need. Our professional moving team always customizes a moving package that fits your particular requirements and provides a moving estimate with consideration of your budget. The following guide will describe all the essential information you should know when moving to Virginia.
Interstate Moves Cost & Time Examples
|To/From||Miles||2BR (3900 lbs – 5200 lbs)||4BR (9100 lbs – 14300 lbs)||Days|
Numbers are approximate. Taking into account the season and the size of the home, prices and periods can change, also packing is not included.
How to check the legacy of your long-distance mover to Virginia
Each long distance mover is required to have a license from the FMCSA, including the mandatory registration of a USDOT Number. Go through the next steps to check if the moving company holds the proper licensing:
- Find a USDOT Number on the company website or ask the managers.
- Go to the FMCSA official website and find the “FMCSA Searches” menu located in the middle lower section of the home page.
- Click the “Company Snapshot” and enter your criteria, which will require the mover’s name, USDOT number or MC/MX number.
- Click the button “Search.”
You also have an opportunity to check each mover for accident and complaint reports, performing at the USDOT website.
We always clearly explain the rights and responsibilities to our customers. We offer security services to support your every moving need.
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance relocation
Virginia Interstate Movers and Storage Facility Directory for Hire
|107 S West St. #511, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA||(703) 665-6697
|Northern Virginia Movers/Magic Movers LLC||13684 Water Springs Ct., Centreville, VA 20121, USA||(703) 350-9196|
|NOVA EXPRESS MOVERS
|3137 Draper Dr., Fairfax, VA 22031, USA||(855) 707-8787|
|2724 Dorr Ave. #58g, Fairfax, VA 22031, USA||(703) 560-3358|
|6880 Commercial Dr., Srpingfield, VA 22151, USA||(703) 750-0403|
|4664 N Witchduck Rd., Virginia Beach, VA 23455, USA||(757) 499-0879|
How to have the best price for your move to Virginia
If you are wondering how to have the best price for your long distance move,read our recommendations below:
- We suggest requesting a binding moving estimate from the long-distance moving company. All expected costs will be listed out in a binding estimate, which will provide you a guarantee of no hidden fees.
- Remember that a lot of interstate moving companies charge for additional services beyond the basics. If you would like to add packing or other services later, it can cost much more than a higher, on first sign, flat-rate from another moving company. It is always good to understand that the lowest quote you prefer may not be the best deal for your state to state move.
- The best thing is to consider all of the possible factors that could be involved in your move when choosing your moving company and asking for moving quotes.
Our team is willing to support you in finding the best moving companies in the state at a competitive price. Whether you need full-service movers or moving helpers, we are here to follow your move with each step of the way and to make it go as smooth as possible. You will not have to worry about any hidden costs and fees with us. Just start with filling in the form on the main page of our site for free or call the phone number above to get an approximate estimate.