Nowadays the moving world is full of modern tools, popular apps and helpful blogs where you may find everything you need for a successful move. But there are things that are indisputable: it is very hard to stay organized when moving even with all these helpers. Having years of experience we have the answer. All moves are different and every customer has different needs but what remains the same is the wish not to forget anything. To prevent such an unpleasant variant here comes the moving checklist or a moving planner. Our team is honored to provide you with a printable moving check-list and ready to answer all the questions that may occur in your head. Don’t waste your precious time and let us share helpful recommendations.
So, what is meant by moving checklists, more precisely, how to define this tool. In fact, it is a very useful and important attribute in the life of every person who is moving. Especially if we are talking about a busy person who simply cannot physically “hold” all the information in his head. It contains all the things that need to be done in a certain period of time.
In advance, careful planning of your move will definitely reduce the stress. We’ve created the ultimate moving guide to make your move as painless as possible.
1. Print out our moving checklist and put it in your moving binder. We’ve gathered all tasks in one document to make it easier for our customers to follow and put ticks. The moving checklist is divided into several parts, you may add or cross out anything to your taste.
2. Try to find answers to the questions How do I plan to move out? And what are my moving options?
There are three possible categories of moving:
Do-It-Yourself Move: You pack all your belongings, rent the truck, load it up, then drive it to the new destination.
The Hybrid Move: In this case, you can address part of the moving job to moving helpers but then drive the truck yourself, so 50/50.
Full-Service Move: This variant includes all moving steps from packing to unloading done by movers. But remember to choose a reliable moving company to take care of loading and driving your valuables. Your choice also depends on a number of factors like the budget.
3. Choose professionals if you decide to hire movers, start your research for a reliable and reputable moving company, check moving company reviews carefully and ask for at least 3 moving quotes from different companies. All relocation companies must be licensed and insured, so you can rest assured that your move will go smooth. Don’t be shy to ask questions if you don’t understand anything, you may even make a list of questions to the mover. Find time to figure out how to avoid hiring a rough mover.
4. Plan your moving budget and options. Planning a moving budget is very important on this step as you will have a clear vision of what kind of move your family can afford or probably just need to save some sum up. Long distance move can cost you around $5,000 while a local move may only cost around $1,000.
5. Moving day. And when should you book a mover or a truck rental? We advise you to schedule the moving company you decide to rely on as fast as you can for the best prices and flexibility. You may also consider a storage option just for the notice.
6. Purchase or order all moving supplies and packing materials. Packing materials were invented to make your life easier. All these card boxes, packing paper, bubble wrap and tape and proper skills ensure your belongings arrive safe and sound. Watch our video dedicated to packing moving tips.
Organization is very important in every sphere of your life from job to home. Using any kind of checklists can save your time, nerves and reputation. Moving process is another story as we are not moving every week. So let’s rely on people’s-who-moved experience and follow their example of successful moves. Download our printable moving checklist and make your moving life easier by ticking things you have already done. If you understand that all this moving fuss is too much for one person you better rely on moving helpers timely. Professional and trustworthy moving helpers are always ready to provide consultations and costs. Don’t be shy to ask for at least 3-4 free moving quotes for better understanding of moving cost formation. Start checking moving companies reviews and choosing a suitable mover who you can afford. If you are still hesitating use our approximate moving cost calculator for estimation and clear vision of expenses. Check our blog for fresh moving tips or watch helpful moving tips at our Youtube channel and good luck with your move!
The moving world is constantly changing. Due to the situation with coronavirus people are trying to find ways to secure themselves when planning a move. That is the obvious reason why DIY is gaining its popularity. Choosing rental trucks for your relocation needs is considered...Read more
Moving is always stressful especially if you are young and lack money. But we know the answer to how to cut costs and avoid stress when moving. Consider sharing your new place with a roommate. The best way out is to find a roommate who...Read more