You finally got that great job offer and the company is paying to move you cross-country. Negotiating a package when changing a job is a must-know. You may think that you will need to prepare a budget for your move as well but the secret is that many firms back up their employees with the formal relocation transfer and even package. Here’s what you need to know about what to negotiate when relocating a job and how to do that. Below is a list of things that companies might include to overcome these inconveniences. Of course, the basics start with a moving truck, but you might be surprised by some of the other things. These are possible options of what companies may offer. Contact your HR department for details. Your particular relocation package must include:
Family relocation assistance package
- Settling-in (a big part of settling in to your new home destination is integrating with the local community.)
- Orientation (orientation service will help you and your family get used to a new location and the local services available, including schools, leisure facilities and amenities, health facilities and the property market.)
- Cultural briefings (the culture, traditions and customs of your new location may differ utterly to what you’re used to at home, so it’s important to be in on this before you relocate. Our cultural briefings will educate you and your family in several essential areas, including:
- values, attitudes and behavior
- social styles, courtesy, hospitality, listening and conversation
- business styles, leadership, decision-making and negotiating
- culture, customs and religion
- understanding culture shock and how to deal with it)
- Language training (if the country you’re relocating to has a different native language, it is obvious you and your family take time to learn it so that you can successfully become a part of your new community. You can also do it online.)
- Pet relocation (your pet is just as part of the family, so it’s only natural you want to ensure it is in the right hands. A specialist animal transportation company available will handle every step of the process with the utmost care.)
Transportation services relocation package
Getting you to your new destination by plane, train or car will be recovered. If you’re on a short unaccompanied assignment or your family’s move is planned a few months out, airfare back home will be reimbursed.
Once your belongings are ready at the designated location for loading, transporting begins. There are various variants of transport, and each one will cater to your specific needs differently.
- Airfreight relocation package (transport by plane. While it is the most expensive method, it is also very quick. Transport by air is great for a small number of items.)
- Overland relocation package (transport by land vehicle. Because of proximity and road networks, overland transport is one of the best for European removals. It can be full load or part load.)
- Sea freight relocation package (shipping containers are the least expensive form of transport and are incredibly effective in case of moving a large number of items. Depending on the route and your final destination, shipping times will vary. It can be Full Container Load (FCL), less than Container Load (LCL), Groupage.)
- Delivery relocation package (after reaching your destination, your valuables will then be moved to your new home. After, movers will unload your belongings, as well as other services such as unpacking or cleaning.)
- Home Sale Services (help with the payment and commissions on the sale of your home.)
- Lease Break Coverage (if you’re a renter, the company should pay penalty charges for breaking a contract.)
- Storage (if you will be overseas on a short period or living in temporary housing for a few weeks, the company should pay to have your items put in a storage facility.
Once you and your employer have come to an agreement about your job transfer relocation package, sign it. The compensation package should clearly state what expenses will be covered and what the deadline is. Get ready to meet your new job and life! Organize your move by using the free tips for every moving step.
Contact us today and our team of professionals will be happy to help you make your forthcoming move fulfilled! We respect your time and money. Quality service, dedication to work we do and expert care. Start your FREE moving quote right now, don’t hesitate! We work hard to move you fast!