It’s said that moving is one of the top stressors in a person’s life. We know unpacking can make people go crazy with just the thought of having to find a place for every piece of belonging they moved into a new home with. Here are our few tips to help you stay sane while unpacking.
- Sort Your Boxes By RoomsSure, you already labeled each box with its room of destination when packing, now ask your movers to unload accordingly. Once you get to your new home, sort your boxes into their prospective rooms before beginning to unpack anything.
- Unpack what’s most importantPlan the order in which you’re going to unpack your rooms to get the best results. One of the most important organizational tips for unpacking, is to complete one room at a time, that keeps your entire apartment from becoming cluttered all at once. Remember the things you couldn’t pack until the very last moment in each room, those are usually the most important things to unpack first.
- Get Rid of Your BoxesGet rid of boxes as you empty them. As soon as a box is emptied of all its stuff, break it down and recycle it. This will clear up much-needed space in your new home.
- Imagine before unpackA handy tip to note before you unpack, is to think about what things you want in each room and how you want each room in your home to look. If you have a clear picture in your mind about what you want, it will help you unpack with better accuracy and save yourself the tiredness of having to fit things unnaturally in a room.
- Buy organizers laterSome people try to prepare for unpacking by buying extra shelves or organizers in advance,but it’s actually better to wait until you’re finished. You may find you need organizers that are a different sizes or shapes than what you expected. After you’re done unpacking, go through your home and make a wish-list for organizational shelves, bins and any other items you need.
Unpacking can be a very overwhelming process. The key is to stay calm while you unpack, in order to be organized. Most people who move a lot, agree that the best way to stay organized while unpacking is to make sure there was a system for noting down everything that’s packed in each box and doing everything step-by-step according to a plan.